ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES LIMITED. [ALIND] is a premier engineering industry in India engaged in multifaceted activities. Established in 1946, ALIND entered into technical collaboration with Delle -Alsthom in 1977 for the manufacture of protection relays by starting a Relays Division at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. ALIND then became the first company in India to introduce a wide range of Static relays in 1982. Apart from the relays developed during collaboration period, ALIND began to indigenously develop other Electromechanical, Static and Microprocessor-based relays and other power system equipment suitable for Traction Installation and Electricity Boards with the unparalleled experience gained in the design, manufacturing, testing and application engineering.
As the years rolled by, ALIND diversified its activities by uniting various streams of power system technology and emerged as multi-divisional composite corporate entity. ALIND has kept abreast of the latest technology by collaborating with world leaders in their chosen fields. ALIND Relays Division are now the leading manufacturers for Control & Relay panels for Indian Railways. In spite of that, we are the manufacturers for other Rolling stock equipment, Control & Relay panels for Utilities, Panel Building products etc.
With an expertise of 40+ glorious years and thousands of completed projects, ALIND owns a most modern manufacturing plant and professional grade electronic equipment like Relay simulation test kits, Composite test setup, Automatic cable harness setup, CNC machines, TIG & MIG welding machines etc. for the manufacture of control & relay panels and other equipment. We have an Excellent testing laboratory with most modern testing equipment and an excellent team of long perspective measurement skilled engineers, supported by well experienced technicians.
OUR SISTER CONCERNS
ALIND Conductor Division
ALIND Conductor Division, located at Kundara, Kollam, Kerala implements the manufacture of Aluminium conductors & cables.
ALIND Machinery Division
ALIND Machinery Division situated at Hyderabad, Telengana executes the manufacture of large power machinery and equipment.
ALIND Switchgear Division
ALIND Switchgear Division positioned at Mannar, Alappuzha, Kerala performs the manufacture of large circuit breakers & other switch-gears.
A JOURNEY THROUGH OUR PROUD PAST
When the freedom movement in India ended, the power movement began! ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES LIMITED came into existence on 2nd January 1946, promoted by the Seshasayee Group with its Conductor Division set up in Kundara, Kerala with the aid of technical collaboration from the world-renowned ALCAN, Canada, The Aluminium Development Laboratories U.K. & ALCAN S.A., Zurich, Switzerland. As far back as 1948, THE ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES LIMITED (ALIND) pioneered abundant, versatile aluminium for use in transmission lines in India - to replace the expensive imported copper. ALIND was the company to introduce Aluminium Conductors (AAC & ACSR) in India for the very first time.
ALIND has produced more than a million kilometres of AAC, ACSR and AAAC conductors building the lifelines of power in India and aboard. In 1955 ALIND introduced the Revolutionary techniques of Properzi Continuous Casting and Rod Rolling of Aluminium for the first time in Asia adding another dynamic dimension to power movement and in the same year ALIND Hirakud Factory was established in the state of Odisha. Late in the 1960s Steel Products Division was established and ACSR core wire was manufactured for the first time in India. ALIND's steel wire products were made to rigorous Indian and international standards and had found wide acceptance. The plant's capacity has been doubled to 12,000 tonnes per annum to meet the increased demand.
Cable and accessory units established at Hyderabad in 1963. ALIND Machinery Division was set up in collaboration with Miyazaki Iron Works, Japan, Takashima Sangyo, Japan, and MMC Brondel, France in 1969. Being biggest manufacturer of sophisticated Wire Processing Machinery in India. ALIND had one of the best plants in the world with composite facilities and made a wide range of machines and various grades of G.I. and Alloy C.I. castings for reputed Indian and international firms. ALIND's machinery manufacture set off a chain reaction of progress all over the country. Switchgear Division was also established for Manufacture of High Voltage Switchgear with French Collaboration (Delle Alsthom ) in the same year.
ALIND became even more deeply involved in power transmission and increased the manufacture of high voltage switchgear in 1971. The robust Alsthom Atlantique designs and high manufacturing standards at ALIND, delivered switchgear with superior quality and performance Ongoing, in 1974, Alind was awarded the License to manufacture Sulphur Hexa Fluoride Gas (SF6) Circuit Breakers, the very first for any Indian Manufacturer. As an acknowledgement to the stupendous business domain, ALIND was recognized by the Government of India as an “Export house” in 1975. Later, a Material handling division was established with Japanese & French technical know-how, at Hyderabad in 1977. By 1980 ALIND received numerous certificates of merit from different governing bodies.
Incorporating 'state-of-the-art’ technology, ALIND set up the Relays Division with the collaboration from Alsthom Atlantique of France. ALIND engineers underwent training at ALSTHOM for works in production, quality control, design, applications, engineering departments etc. during 1980 & 1981 and commenced the production of relays and control panels in 1982. ALIND Relays division became the first manufacturer to launch a range of static relays in India. In 1982, ALIND- Nigeria Ltd was set-up in Bauchi State of Nigeria- as a foreign equity venture. ALIND received the prestigious Regional Exporters Special Shield from Engineering Export Promotion Council of India in 1983. ALIND had won EEPC Merit for Export Excellence award multiple times.